Thursday, June 29, 2006

Commanding Heights


Commanding Heights - a beautifully shot movie based on the book by the same name by Daniel Yergin by PBS is one of the most amazing documentaries I have seen which describes the rise of the Global Economy as we see today. It answers a lot of questions such as How did almost all countries in the world today end up being capitalist nations? Who were the chief architects in building this Global Economy? What are the pros and cons of a Global Economy? Why did the South East Asian miracle economies happen ? Is the current Indian / Chinese economy a bubble or is it based on strong fundamentals? And lots more ......... I think everyone (whether you know anything about economics or not) should watch this because it helps build your perspective on a lot of happenings of the past century. You can watch it online (if you have good bandwidth) at
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/lo/story/index.html

And the best part is this is part of the syllabus for my mid term exam on Macro Economics tomorrow, so now I can say that I have to watch movies to do well in my exams!! ;)

1 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch this video called "I am India" produced by Bharatbala productions. Very nice ...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6908885959132212683&q=i+am+india

 

Post a Comment

<< Home